Sunday, August 7, 2011

Playing with Color

Toward the Sunlight, oil, 8 x 10
This is another oil version of a previous pastel painting (To the Chattahoochee).  I actually started this painting many months ago and set it aside.  At the time, I knew my colors were all wrong but I wasn't sure what to do with them.  I went back to it recently and made some adjustments to some of the values and toned down the vibrancy in a few areas with some muted colors.  This made the vibrant colors still remaining really sing.

Also, I'm excited to announce that an oil painting I posted on this blog back in February (Trees on the Chattahoochee, also one of my pastel "do overs") was juried into the Atlanta Fine Arts League's 5th Annual Juried Exhibition "Georgia Only."  The opening reception is this Friday, Aug. 12 from 7-9 pm at the Roswell Visual Arts Center Gallery.  The exhibit will remain there until Sept. 30.  Details are on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment