Thursday, November 15, 2018

Painting Under Pressure

Gallatin River Memory, oil, 8x10
Painted last month on location outside Big Sky, Montana.

I'm thrilled that my latest blog post has been published as an article on OutdoorPainter.com. In the article I suggest the idea of how individual personality might play a major role in the type of creative process that works best for each artist to achieve his or her most ideal creative efforts. More specifically, I consider the idea of how working under pressure can have drastically different results for different artists. I had come to a realization that my own ideal creative process can be very different from that of other artists, which led me to explore the idea in a blog post.

Sorry for the additional redirect, but the link can be found at https://www.outdoorpainter.com/painting-en-plein-air-under-pressure/

Feel free to chime in either in the comment section of my blog or on my Facebook post. I'd love to hear how others relate to all this. How does painting under pressure affect you?


UPCOMING WORKSHOPS:

Visit my workshop web page for details on any of these workshops. 

Bend, OR - Jan. 17-19, 2019 
The Light-filled Snow Scene - pastel and oil

Dahlonega, GA - Feb. 7-9, 2019 
Composition Boot Camp - pastel and oil

Aberdeen, NC - March 12-14, 2019 
Painting the Poetic Landscape - pastel and oil

Greenwood Village, CO - May 8-10, 2019
Painting the Poetic Landscape - pastel

Oregon City, OR - July 19-21, 2019
Composition Boot Camp - pastel and oil

Carstairs, Alberta, Canada (near Calgary) - Aug. 18-20, 2019
Painting the Poetic Landscape - oil

Rochester, NY - Sept. 13-15, 2019
Painting the Poetic Landscape - pastel

Landgrove, VT - Oct. 7-10, 2019
Painting Skies, Water & Trees - pastel and oil

Norman, OK - Nov. 15-17, 2019
Painting the Poetic Landscape - pastel and oil

No comments:

Post a Comment