Friday, April 18, 2014

Upcoming Georgia Workshop

River Harmony, pastel, 11x14

I was invited to conduct a demo yesterday for the Georgia Art League at the Quinlan Visual Arts Center in Gainesville, GA. They were an enthusiastic bunch who asked lots of great questions! "River Harmony" is the piece I painted for them. I spent a lot of the demo time explaining how I plan and block in a painting, taking it a little more than half way to completion. I finished it up this morning back at my studio.

In a little over a week, I'll be back in Gainesville at Quinlan to teach a 2-day landscape workshop in oil and pastel. The dates are April 28 & 29 (Mon/Tues), 10 - 6, $250. These two days will be packed with information and exercises on composition, color harmony, paint/pastel application and the all important challenge of simplifying busy landscape subject matter.

Contact Quinlan Visual Arts Center to sign up:
www.quinlanartscenter.org
info@qvac.org
770-536-2575

No comments:

Post a Comment