Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rum River Glow Study 1, pastel, 8x10

Rum River Glow Study 2, pastel, 8x10
This was my first week of classes of 2012 at my studio.  To ease everyone back into painting after the holiday craziness, I thought we'd start off with small, quick color studies.  We worked from a very grey, winter scene that didn't have much distinct color to it, which allowed us to go in a few different directions with color treatment.  I did two demos each in my Wed. and Thurs. classes.  In the two shown here, I used primarily a blue & orange color scheme on one and a purple & gold/orange on the other.  I also varied the surfaces on all four the the studies I did.  On the two shown here, one is on a prepared panel and the other is on Uart paper.  Next week, we'll work from one of the studies to do a larger, finished painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment