Friday, May 18, 2012

Sand Dune Shadows 2, pastel, 9 x 12
From yesterday's demo. This was from the same reference photo as Wednesday's class, but just round two for my Thursday class. I tried a different color palette on this one, using warm turquoise in the foreground shadows and slightly cooler colors overall in the tall grass. I also wanted to try softening the strokes in the more distant grass, which gives it a very different look from Wednesday's version, in which the strokes were more defined. Still undecided which I like better.

2 comments:

  1. This one is definately no 1 for me. I like the softness and the colours more than the other one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marietjie! This one is my favorite over the other one as well. Sometimes it's worth trying another version of the same subject!

      Delete